And RETweeting too! Like hell...
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Monday, March 29, 2010
Hold the sugar or syrup. Keep it tarty and tangy and tasty!
Thank you all for dedicating this Bellini to your BartWender.
And especially @StarOfSavannah for her unique artwork, beautiful ode and fresh cocktail recipe.
¡Gracias por su visita, and come back often, so I can can keep pouring you lot the BarTwiculate Signature Drink!
Sunday, March 28, 2010
(A picture or scan of a handwritten note would be the coolest..!)
Send it to SalonArtwois@gmail.com
Easiest: add it as a pic to to one of your Artwiculate tweets.
Or else leave a comment to this post.
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Friday, March 26, 2010
- One Wistful Redhead (@MaxRaunchiness). Did you say: hold the freckles?
- Hello JonPowles? @kado56 over there just offered you a Blackbush, yeah I know she's a redhead, but still...
I’m trying to compile an archive of ArtwicuTweets that have played with Six Degrees of Propinquity. Foolishly I did not collect the tweets as I saw them coming up in the Twitter stream and now I’m having difficulties tracking them all down.
Do you have any that you wrote, or that you collected that other people wrote? Please tack them on to this message as Comments! (Let me know who wrote them if it wasn’t you, and what the WOTD was for that day.)
Below are all the relevant tweets that I’ve been able to find on the Top 50 pages and in my own records. (I don’t promise I’ve not missed any.)
Many thanks for your help!
From my bed of pain …
(I’ve got the ’flu)
John (aka TheSupercargo)
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Friday, March 19, 2010
- There's plenty of booze left over to stretch Saint Patrick's Day in honor of Belfast based Artwiculate.com (atto & Johnston North)
- There are some belated Birthdays to celebrate: Cathy @CatMar604's (hip) and @ultracutebot's (hip) and @amanuel187's (hip) and your BartWender's (hurray!).
- Rumour has it that @StarOfSavannah and @AaronLivingston will be performing Live! And we've even seen Katy @kado56 doing sound checks...
- and feel free to add a reason of your own!
(Doors open 3 hours before the WOTD changes!)
Thursday, March 18, 2010
***BartWender: Stay away fom the mike, Katy, you're in no condition to... Katy...?***
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Here's how to make it at home: 23ml(3/4oz) Midori, 30ml(1oz) Rum, 15ml(1/2oz) Coconut Cream, 15ml(1/2oz) Lime juice, 15ml(1/2oz) Pineapple Juice. Pour ingredients over ice into a glass, and stir gently. Garnish with a slice of pineapple. A big slice of pineapple.
***BartWender Notice: As a subversive fungible, try "The Green-Eyed Orange Infiltrator": 1 shot vodka - 1 shot Blue Curacao - orange juice - Mix vodka and blue curacao and top up with orange juice (tastes like orange juice... but it's green!)***
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Judging by Katie's art, Max has had it made...
Wassail, kudos, questions and other bold attempts to face the InkWisition go to: SalonArtwois@Gmail.com
Saturday, March 13, 2010
For this Salon Podcast, we hand the mike to our only coin-operated Artwiculati, Chris Weiherer.
He chose the setting, we didn't, so the shiver in his voice is of his own doing.
Facing cold heckler's corpses, this unique stand up comic digs hilarious tweets out of their untimely graves.
Meine Damen und Herren among the living, a big hand for @coinopratdchris!
You can read a transcript of this podcast here.
Friday, March 12, 2010
You'll notice that the URL in your browser now says: http://www.salonartwois.com
Jason Wells @routermonkey graciously donated this domain name to the Salon blog!
Details will follow soon. And - why not? - a house warming party.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
- Where would one purchase said holosuit? (snatchbeast)
*** BartWender: Holosuits can not be purchased, they have to be grown from scratch ***
And after some serious deflowering under the counter, we are now happy to announce our latest specialty: Fresh Odalisque. Guaranteed to put a smile on a Fail Whale. We're ready to take orders.
Orders so far:
- Do you serve Zombies? Excellent! I'll have a Zombie and for my little friend here a Gin Fish... eh, Fizz! (Daniël)
- Well, I guess if I have to have a virgin, I'd rather have a hairy one. (MaxRaunchiness)
- If it's okay with you, I'll have a shot of scotch straight up. I would have ordered a bloody mary, but I think I'll leave that for Marcos Arroyos (MaxRaunchiness)
- And here's me thinking Marcos was having a Death in the Afternoon. (katefran)
- Igor says the Orion Slave Girls are less of a hair razor than the Hairy Virgins. (katefran)
- I don't really want a Hairy Virgin and Orion Slave Girls do nothing for me...sigh...Bartender, any suggestions? (katefran)
*** BartWender: There's the Odalisque of course, and just in: the zealous "Seething Jealousy". ***
- I would order a Bloody Mary, but then I'd slap my forehead when I realized I could have had a V8! (Mary)
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
***BartWender Notice: At the Salon we add shredded celery. It's stringy and gives the necessary extra texture between your teeth. ***
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
To help you do the math, there's a World Map in the left side bar for those that are geographically lost.
- A Martini, please. Extra dry, a bit dirty. With three gorgonzola-stuffed olives. (Silia J. Hatzi)
- Ahhh...a place to relax from the 140. Do you serve "Mind-Erasers" here? (Joe Knaack)
- "Mind Erasers" fresh out, I believe the Pan-Glactic Gargle Blaster is available though. (aaron)
- Fun! (Kara)
- Oh, and I'll take a vodka tonic. (snatchbeast)
- I'll just have a lemon, lime and bitters, thanks. *gesticulates to barkeep* (Margaret)
- I'll have a Hanky-Panky PLEASE, barman. (katefran)
- ...and Igor is having a Hairy Virgin, no wait, make that TWO Hairy Virgins... (katefran)
- I'll have a grasshopper, please, so I can hop from one tweet to the next and hiccup at the same time. Thank you! (Maryse aka @wifsie)
- Is it in poor taste to specify that I prefer Monopolova vodka? (snatchbeast)
- I'll have ... just another Twequila Sunrise :-) (TiddK)
I thought we had stocked up on Mind-Erasers. Someone must have swallowed the lot.
We'll keep an eye on the contents of this weeks' tweets to see who might be the culprit.
And as for the Hairy Virgins, now I'm glad the bikini wax delivery was canceled.
Monday, March 8, 2010
In Tidd's own words:
"Ludovic is a conceptual goldfish, who lives in a bowl-shaped cavity within the skull of TiddK. He feeds off love, adulation, recognition, and stray thoughts that have been filtered and re-oxidised. He is a very post-modern, deconstructionist, fin-de-siècle fish, who knows his own boundaries - a conceptual glass bowl - but is often allowed to flick his tail and go beyond. His companions include Batman & Robin, a guy in a bar, and a band of intrepid Artwiculati. If you find him, please be kind to him, and never feed him cruel or unkind thoughts."
Ludovic is conceptual, so images were hard to find. This one comes close:
our well-wishers for their appreciation and encouragement of this brandnew Salon ArtWois.
We're looking forward to your participation to make it a true refuge for all Artwiculati.
Sincerely, your humble DJ/bartender @harrarp." Now who wants a refill?
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Goldfish : Un-bubbly submarine creature with the dubious pleasure of belonging to @lithiumzombie. Causes raised eyebrows due to massive Artwiculate Fin Club. Doesn’t actually tweet but has ways of getting his message across. So far Goldfish has been hurled into vortex and void, fed mind-changing drugs and suffered multiple deaths. He is, to say the least, resilient, does an awesome interpretation of Jaws, cross dresses as a piranha and warns that if we tap on the glass one more time, our tweeting days are over.
To top the bill, Katie spent all night pressing her pretty nose against the glass of the bowl and painted Daniël's Goldfish in hot action (click the image for screen filling submarine terror).
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Monday, March 1, 2010
Our second Salon podcast: @TheSupercargo hosts @StarofSavannah and @dmriver as they share some of their recent favorite Artwiculate tweets from opposite corners of the world.
You can read a transcript of this podcast here.